Congratulations, you’ve decided you want to take your next family vacation at the place where dreams come true! If you’ve never been to Walt Disney World (or it has been a few years since you’ve been there), the process of planning a trip to the most magical place on earth may seem…well, unmagical. You will soon find out that Disney has their own language that can quickly become overwhelming. You’ll encounter words and phrases such as Fastpass+, MagicBands, Magical Express, ADRs, Extra Magic Hours, Memory Maker, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, MNSSHP, MVMCP, Fantasmic and many, many more! Plus are we talking about Walt Disney World (in Florida) or Disneyland (the original Disney park in California)?
Beyond Disney terminology you are likely to face some of the following common questions:
- What is the best age to take children to Walt Disney World?
- How far in advance should I start planning my trip?
- What time of year should we go to Walt Disney World? When it is the least crowded?
- Should we stay onsite or offsite?
- Can I afford this vacation?
- Should we visit all four theme parks?
- Will my kids like Epcot?
- How many days should we plan for our visit?
- Will we be able to do everything at Walt Disney World on this trip?
To start, I recommend planning your Walt Disney World vacation at least six months in advance (7-9 months is ideal). Don’t get me wrong, a wonderful trip can be booked in less time, but if you want the best chance at reserving some of the most in-demand experiences and restaurants you should plan your trip at least seven months in advance.
I also highly recommend staying onsite at Walt Disney World. Many people look for hotels offsite and although there are plenty of offsite options, Disney provides wonderful options onsite with excellent service. Onsite Disney options can be found to suit almost any budget and theme. Disney has three large Value resorts, four Moderate level resorts, 16 Deluxe and Deluxe Villa resorts, and even has a campground available! Disney resort theming varies from over-the-top immersive Disney fun to stately, tranquil settings at elegant hotels.
Staying onsite allows you to take advantage of the following perks:
- Complimentary service to and from the Orlando International Airport (Disney’s Magical Express)
- Free transportation throughout Walt Disney World Resort
- Access to Extra Magic Hours (park hours available only to guests staying onsite at Walt Disney World)
- Early access to dining reservations
- Early access to Fastpass+ selections (Fastpasses allow you to bypass the standby line for some of your favorite attractions each day). A limited number of Fastpasses are available per attraction per day
- Free MagicBand for each guest in your party. Magicbands are worn on your wrist and can be used as your room key, park ticket, Fastpass, and direct to your room charging (with the use of a PIN code)
- Disney’s popular dining plan is only available to guests who have booked a package to stay onsite
As you can see we have just scratched the surface of the vast world of planning a Disney vacation! Mouse Magic Travel is a local, Madison-based specialty travel agency. Most of our travel planners are local moms who love sharing their passion for Disney by helping you plan a wonderful family trip! Our services are absolutely FREE. We do not charge fees and the cost of your Disney trip will be the same (or better) than what you can book directly with Disney. At Mouse Magic Travel we are here to help you plan a magical vacation!
You can email [email protected] or call 608.848.5288 to get started!
Enter to win a Disney backpack filled with Disney goodies (plush Minnie & Mickey Mouse, Disney World fleece blanket, Disney ornament, Disney water bottle and Bluetooth Disney speaker). The approximate value is: $165.
Be sure to enter a SEPARATE comment below for each method of entry mentioned below (one comment for Facebook, one comment for Twitter, etc.). And if you already do any of those things, be sure to comment to let us know!
Giveaway ends Wednesday, May 6th at noon and will be announced at that time!