9 Reasons Why Families LOVE Cruising with Disney Cruise Line
Disney Cruise Line sends guests on a relaxing voyage rich with Disney storytelling and bursting with Disney magic. You may see Mickey and his friends on deck and meet a princess or two around the corner, all while sailing an elegantly beautiful Disney cruise ship and creating lifelong family memories.
Here are 9 reasons why we LOVE sailing with Disney Cruise Line!
- Family-Friendly Staterooms: Do you want a stateroom with some extra space? Disney Cruise Line’s standard staterooms have some of the largest square footage at sea. Most staterooms comfortably sleep 3 or 4 guests. Some staterooms are designed for families of 5. Unlike most other cruise lines, bathtubs can be found in most staterooms for little ones who prefer to take baths over showers. Speaking of bathrooms, most staterooms on Disney Cruise Line ships have split bathrooms with two doors so one person can be in the shower side while another can use the traditional bathroom side. When it comes to the sleeping areas, parents will love Disney Cruise Line’s luxurious queen bed while the kids will love sleeping in their own sleeper sofa or pull-down bunk/murphy bed divided from their parents by privacy curtain.
- Rotational Dining: Do you want to try something new each night? Unlike most cruises where you eat in the same dining room every night, Disney cruises offer a special dining experience every evening. With Disney, guests (and their assigned servers) rotate through 3 different themed dining rooms throughout the voyage. Restaurants vary by ship, but may include Royal Palace, Enchanted Garden, Tiana’s Place, Rapunzel’s Royal Table, and the always fun, Animator’s Palate. Animator’s Palate features a dinner show unique to each ship. It is not to be missed! In addition to Disney Cruise Line’s main dining rooms, you’ll also find plenty of good eats up on the pool deck, at the buffet, and throughout the ship. Other features unique to Disney Cruise Line include a free beverage station (soda, coffee, tea, milk), free room service (gratuity recommended), complimentary soft serve ice cream, and free Mickey ice cream bars (via the main dining rooms and room service)!
- Youth Programs: Are your kids wondering what’s special on-board for them? Youth program participation is included in the cruise fare, often including late nights so you don’t have to pay for babysitting services if parents want to have a romantic dinner followed by drinks and dancing. While there are distinct spaces suited for every age group within the The Oceaneer Club/Lab, kids aged 3-12 all go to the same club, allowing siblings to stay together. Safety is Disney’s number one priority so kids are well-supervised and can be checked out of the secured clubs only by an approved adult and password. Unlike other cruise lines, Disney will contact you directly if your child is sad or needs to be picked up for any reason.Tweens and teens are not left out of the fun, they too have their own spaces to hang out. The Edge welcomes kids ages 11-14 years, while The Vibe entertains teens ages 14-17.
- Adults-Only Spaces: Are you looking forward to taking a break while on your cruise? While Disney Cruise Line is very family friendly, they also recognize that adults like to have a break from the kids while on vacation. Disney Cruise Line offers a variety of adults-only spaces like their adults only pool area with coffee shop to nightclubs, Serenity Bay on Castaway Cay and two premium, upscale restaurants Palo and Remy (depending on the ship). Parents will have a great time recharging and reconnecting while their kids have a blast in the secured youth programs.
- Entertainment: Are you looking for entertainment that can be enjoyed by family members of all ages? Unlike the night time shows offered on most other cruise lines, Disney’s Broadway caliber shows are all family friendly. Depending on your voyage you may see musical versions of your favorite Disney movies such as Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Frozen or Tangled. Character meet and greets with Mickey and his friends or Disney princesses also occur on every sailing. Disney premieres new movies on board its ships and always has several recent releases playing in the Buena Vista Theater. Disney Cruise Line was the first to showcase fireworks on almost all sailings.
- Recreation: Are you looking for some unique daytime fun while on-board?
Disney Cruise line offers fun freshwater pools, water play areas, a fitness center, sports deck, sports simulators, Senses Spa, and mini-golf (on the Dream and Fantasy ships). Disney was the first cruise line to offer a water coaster at sea with its innovative AquaDuck waterslide found on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy Ships! Sail on the Disney Magic to experience the AquaDunk waterslide.
- Parties and Holidays: Do you and the family like nighttime fun and special events? During certain parts of the year Disney Cruise Line hosts themed or holiday cruises. Fall will have Halloween on the High Seas cruises with trick or treating and costume parties on board. Winter has Very Merrytime Christmas cruises with Mickey and Minnie in holiday dress and pictures with Santa. Disney also hosts Star Wars Day at Sea and Marvel Day at Sea on select cruises that feature special meet and greets, parties and other events during a one-day celebration of these characters. Not taking a themed cruise? If you’re sailing the Caribbean every cruise has Pirate Night where the whole family can dress like pirates and party late into the night. Sailings to Alaska and Europe often include the Freezing the Night Away party featuring Anna and Elsa from Frozen.
- Castaway Cay: Are you looking for some adventurous or relaxing beach time? Castaway Cay is Disney’s private island getaway in the Bahamas, which means no other cruise line can stop here! This fun island port has beautiful beaches (family-friendly and adults-only) with a variety of water and sand activities, complimentary BBQ lunch buffet and soft serve ice cream, beverage services, secure kid’s club, hiking trails, waterslides snorkeling, and hidden Mickeys waiting to be found. Disney even offers a Castaway Cay 5K with a finisher medal in the morning.
- Disney Quality and Service: Are you hoping to experience some of the “little extras” on your next vacation? Families who have experienced the magic of Disney whether it be at their world-renowned theme parks or resorts, know that Disney delivers premium quality experiences, excellent customer service, and great value. Disney ensures their guests have a seamless and personalized experience, and that “wow” magical moments happen whenever possible.
On paper a Disney cruise might cost a little more than some other cruise lines, but the quality of the experience and service provide a value like no other. Many cruisers who have sailed with Disney say they will never go back to another cruise line again. What does your family value most on a vacation? If exclusive experiences, family-oriented spaces and entertainment, and top-quality service are important to you – you’ll want to sail with Disney Cruise Line.
For more information about booking your family a Disney vacation, contact Mouse Magic Travel!