4-C, a local non-profit, offers a certification program that helps parents start their own family child care business. If you want to stay home with your own children and earn an income at the same time, then a certified family child care business would be right for you.
What are the advantages of becoming certified?
- Be a stay-at-home parent while earning an income
- Eligible to care for children whose families qualify for child care assistance through the Wisconsin Shares program
- Earn additional income with the USDA Food Program
- Receive parent referrals through the 4-C Family Support Services Department
- Gain access to a wide variety of early childhood resources
- Have a professional image
- Give parents a stronger sense of security
The first step to becoming certified is to attend a Startup Meeting, either in-person or online. The class is free and provides a wealth of information about operating a child care business.
In addition to Certification, 4-C offers a range of early childhood services to families, early childhood professionals and communities in southern Wisconsin. 4-C strives to ensure that every child has access to high quality early care and education through integrated support and expertise.
For more information call 608-271-9181 or email [email protected].