It’s BACK!!!! For the 37th year now, Milwaukee Irish Fest will kick off on Milwaukee’s Lakefront from August 17th-20th! This event brings a taste of Ireland directly to you, right here in Wisconsin. So if you are like me and LOVE family friendly events, traditions or day trips – this is for YOU! With more than 100 acts on 17 stages, a variety of Irish vendors, cultural exhibitions, sporting events and more, festival goers will be immersed in Irish culture and customs!
- Children’s Area: Just for kids, the Children’s area is full of free activities like Highland games (toss a log or a Wellie), Pot ‘O Gold fishing, Lilli-Putt miniature golf, crafts (Legos, decorate a potato, etc.) and more.
- Children’s tea room: Participate in arts and crafts, enjoy stories and snacks
- Celtic Canines: Meet the native dog breeds of Ireland
- Leprechaun Village: A wee village full of fun facts and a chance to search for gold
- Pirate Paddy Passports: Kids can collect passport stamps as they go on a festival scavenger hunt complete with prizes and crafts along the way
- Greenwish Village: Families are invited to make crafts, play games, and participate in fun, environmentally friendly “green” activities
- Performances: Two stages with family friendly music and entertainment – including two kid-friendly performances from Scythian, an Americana/bluegrass/country/folk/world group!
This year’s festival welcomes Dublin’s world-renowned TradFest Temple Bar for its very first engagement on US soil. The special TradFest Dublin Showcase will highlight past TradFest Temple Bar performers!
- Gaelic Storm Throwback Thursday Show: Thursday at 7 pm
- TradFest Dublin All-Stars: Friday at 6:30 pm
- The Beatles – Celtic Style (featuring We Banjo 3, Skerryvore and friends): Sunday at 7 pm
Celtic sports on display this year at Milwaukee Irish Fest include:
- Currach racing
- Gaelic Football
- Thursday, August 17th – 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday, August 18th – 4 p.m. to midnight
- Saturday, August 19th – Noon to midnight
- Sunday, August 20th – 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Thursday: $5 (Over 12)
- Half Price Friday: $10 (Over 12)
- Saturday & Sunday: $20
- Seniors 60+: $15
- Kids 12 & Under: FREE
- Reserve your tickets here.
- Free admission on Thursday with a donation of school supplies
- Guests can take advantage of Half-Price Friday with tickets for only $10. As an added bonus, guests can avoid the lines and purchase tickets in advance online at IrishFest.com.
- On Sunday, enjoy free admission with a donation of a non-perishable food item by 11 a.m. (Those who donate food items are welcome to stay for the mass beginning at 9:30 a.m. and will receive free admission directly following. Those choosing not to attend the mass will receive a hand stamp for free entry at any point during the day (11 a.m. to 10 p.m.). All non-perishable food items will be donated to Hunger Task Force.
- On Sunday, veterans and military personnel receive free admission, plus one guest. Must provide a valid proof of service at any gate ticket window.
- On Sunday, college students with a valid student I.D. can enjoy a $3 discount off of General Admission tickets between 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.