We are so excited to tell you about something a few of our team members have been cooking up!
Starting in January, we’re launching a brand new community devoted to all things health & fitness—and it’s just for Madison Moms!
We’re calling it Madison Momshine.
Here’s what Madison Momshine is all about:
We’re a community of Madison area moms, looking for balance in food and fitness. We’re here to connect with, support, and encourage other moms with similar goals.
We’re interested in:
- Pursuing REAL health in safe, natural ways—no obsessiveness or extremes
- Finding balance and moderation in food and fitness
- Figuring out how to work healthy habits into our busy mom lives
- Respecting ourselves by practicing self care
- Celebrating our bodies and overcoming negative self talk
- Sharing struggles and triumphs in a safe place
Members of this new group will enjoy things like…
- Exclusive access to local fitness classes and wellness-focused events (low cost or FREE!)
- Discounts and special offers on wellness-related goodies
- Opportunities to connect with other Madison Moms with similar health goals (Anyone looking for a running buddy? Gym buddy? Stroller club?)
- Support and encouragement through our private Facebook page
- Accountability teams and challenges
- Anything else we can think of! (We’d love to hear your ideas too!)
Make sure you join the Facebook page to stay informed!
Once we’re up and running in January, we’ll be using the Facebook page to share upcoming events and opportunities. BUT we also want our members to see it as a safe place to talk about their individual health & fitness journeys and to make connections in the community.
Madison Momshiners will be encouraged to use the group page to:
- Share inspiration and ideas
- Share personal victories that don’t seem quite suitable for their own Facebook pages
- Seek support or general advice (experience-based) on topics related to nutrition or fitness
- Meet other moms with similar interests or goals (“Anyone here into rock climbing? Anyone go to Princeton Club West? Anyone want to tackle this online workout program together?”)
- Remind each other that WE’RE NOT ALONE!
So if you’re looking to shake some things up in 2016, this might be just the thing!
And even if you’re not, health and fitness is important for everyone.
Whether you’re interested in fitness or would like to be interested in fitness, you belong in Momshine. Whether you’re a long-time health nut or just starting your health journey, you belong in Momshine.
So come get encouraged, find some like-minded mom friends, have fun, and shine on. 🙂
Hope to see you on the Facebook page in January!