We are beyond thrilled to announce our first ever Hangin’ with the Heroes event on June 18th at 5pm brought to you by Hy-Vee and Madtown Twisters, an event celebrating the heroes in our lives from Superman to Superdad! This event will take place at Warner Park in the Mallards Stadium Backyard Father’s Day Weekend.
Tickets will go on sale on Monday, May 16th at 9pm. Because of the high interest and demand for this event and the fact that we can only accommodate a fraction of that number, we are anticipating that this event will sell out quickly (possibly within the first hour or even minutes). For that reason, we want to make sure you have all the necessary details to secure your tickets as soon as they are available!
- Tickets will become available starting on Monday, May 16th at 9pm (we will not reserve any tickets in advance of this date).
- You can purchase your tickets by using THIS same link – and at the bottom of this post you will see the TICKET section – once ticket sales go live.
- Everyone ages 1 and up will need a ticket for the event – babies (under the age of 1) are free.
- We are limiting the event to roughly 500 people in order to ensure that everyone who attends has a wonderful experience. There are not any additional required expenses once you are there, unless you want to purchase additional food and drink from Mallards.
- You are able to purchase tickets for friends or family members.
- Tickets are transferrable, but are NOT refundable. The event will take place rain or shine!!!
- This ticket will get you entry to our Hangin’ with the Heroes pregame, and as a bonus, a ticket to enjoy the Mallards Game after (begins at 6:35 PM) which is an $11 value for ages 5 & up!
- Should there be inclement weather, we will let you know the rain details in an email and on the event page the week of the event.
- Mallards will determine whether or not the game will be played. Should they cancel the game, you will receive vouchers for a game later in the 2016 season (for those who are of ticket age).
- We encourage you to sign in right at 9pm to get your tickets if you plan to attend – and we hope to see you there
- If the event has sold out before you try to secure your tickets, we suggest you to add your name to the wait list – as we often are able to use it!
The Hero Hangout Prior to the Game (5:00 – 6:30) Includes the Following Highlights:
- Fire Engine Visit from City of Madison Fire Department
- K9 Unit Visit from City of Madison Police Department
- Police Visit from the City of Madison Police Department’s North District
- Maynard Visit from the Mallards
- Superhero Hang Out sponsored by Dream Parties: Meet Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman!
- Balloon Creations with Raynbow Clown & Friends
- Super Smile Photo Booth sponsored by Madison Smile Solutions
- Hands-On Super Science Activity by Engineering for Kids Dane County
- Superhero Activity sponsored by I9 Sports
- Hy-Vee Table
- Upcycled Bottle-cap Superhero Badge Project by Lemonade Workshop
- Super-Active Fun sponsored by Madtown Twisters
- Face Painting with Funny Faces!
- Candid Photos by Tumbling Sparrow Photography
- Be sure to bring your camera – because there will be plenty of photo ops!
Mallards Tickets (included in your Hangin’ with the Heroes Ticket) Includes:
- Baseball Game ticket to Backyard or Grandstand
- 1 Popcorn (per ticket) from Mallards
- 1 Drink (per ticket) from the Mallards
- Mallards Sandbox entry
- Mallards bounce house or zip-line voucher
- Fireworks after game
The backyard is a big lawn near the outfield of the Mallards Stadium. You are allowed to bring blanket for your space, but no chairs please. As the game-watching will take place in the same space as the event, we ask that you do not claim your space (put down blankets) prior to 6:20 (the game begins at 6:35 PM).
Swag bags will be available for purchase at the event. Each bag will contain one raffle ticket. Partial proceeds of swag bags will go toward Capes4Heroes, a nonprofit that makes and personalizes superhero capes for kids with disabilities, life threatening illnesses and kids who just need to feel empowered.
Strollers are allowed at the event – but we do encourage you to avoid using them (for your convenience) if possible. The event will take place on a lawn, so navigating will be very tricky and baby wearing might be a bit easier. But we realize in some cases, they are still necessary. That said – they are absolutely allowed!
Our Generous Sponsors & Non Profit Partners
Thanks to our Swag & Giveaway Sponsors!
*Swag bags will be available for purchase at the event. Each bag will include one raffle ticket. This is an optional purchase ($10) and proceeds will benefit Capes4Heroes – a community based nonprofit that makes and personalizes superhero capes for kids with disabilities, life threatening illnesses and kids who just need to feel empowered.
Purchase tickets here: