Father’s Day is going to be here before you know it and if you are like me, I love ideas and a reminder that it’s coming up so I have time to buy or make something, preferably not the night of before (which has often been the case). So here is a handful ideas for you:
1. For those hip dads who take their laptops to and from work each day why not get them a new backpack. We got this backpack for a trip we had taken recently and it is durable, fits a 15″ macbook and stylish.
2. If you haven’t heard of Jim Gaffigan, you probably should. He is a comedian, actor and author. This article with quotes from him on parenthood is hysterical! Jim Gaffigan is on tour and it would be so much fun to go on a date with your man laughing the night away.
3. For your beer loving guy how fun would it be to give him a year membership to the Beer of the Month Club. If you want to keep it local go on a day date and do a tour at Spotted Cow in New Glarus and then get some fondue at Glaner Stube.
4. If your guy is a jeans and t-shirt type of guy why not get him a witty t-shirt. I love Threadless for finding original and fun t-shirts.
5. Make him his favorite food or take him to his favorite restaurant. My husband loves ordering in Chicken Tikka Masala, or grilling him a steak would be much appreciated. I will also make sure to have some ice cream in the house because that’s one of his favorite treats!
6. If you know me you know I like a good DIY and this is such an easy idea. Take a photo of the kiddos and get a black and white 24 x 36 engineered print at Kinko’s. How fun to surprise your guy with a huge poster of the kids!
7. And lastly just like all of us mamas, dads also need some time away from the ki’s to rejuvenate. A night out with the guys or a camping weekend away is also a great gift and something I’m sure they would appreciate.
Father’s Day is June 19th, so for all those hard-working wonderful dads out there, let’s shower them with love!!