What is coconut oil? What is with the hype? So many articles are talking about this multi-functional product. It can be eaten, de-frizz your hair and is a main ingredient in many homemade beauty products.
A friend & colleague of mine has been infatuated with coconut oil and the 101 ways you can use it. Her enthusiasm on the product started to rub off on me recently. This began my search of what homemade beauty products that I could make with this miracle concoction.
My whole family loves having lip balm to prevent and help with dry lips. If my daughter sees me put some on she wants it on her lips as well. After reviewing countless Pinterest articles on how to make. I was able to create this recipe.
You will only need 4 items:
- 1 tablespoon Organic Beeswax pellets
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 5-8 drops of essential oil (depending on your preference- peppermint, orange, grapefruit are some of my favorites)
- Lip Balm Tubes or Tins (made 12 tubes with this recipe)
- Measure all ingredients and place in microwave safe dish.
- From other recipes you can use a double broiler but I figured the microwave would work just as well, just be sure to keep an eye on product cooking. Cook in microwave for 2-3 minutes. Since every microwave may heat differently ensure to check. If everything is completely melted microwaving is done.
- Next pour liquid mixture into the tubes or tins. I decided on tubes for easy roll on application for my toddler and I could help prevent her overuse. I had read that you can use a medicine dropper to put liquid into tube. The container I had was able to pour directly into the tubes. This should make 12 tubes of lip balm.
- Then let set for at least 2 hours.
Next on the docket is creating homemade deodorant! Does anyone else use coconut oil? What have you made?